The incredible Kristin Neff PhD, author of the new book Fierce self-compassion: The feminist guide for women to understand, appreciate and speak up for themselves, joins me on this week’s episode. If you don’t know who Kristin is, she is quite a big deal in the self-compassion world. A leading voice, I quoted her several times in my book The Anxiety Solution.
- Why the words fierce and kind don’t often come together and why they should
- Her own story around self-compassion
- Why she wrote this book specifically for women
- Why is it so hard for us to be kind to ourself
- Tapping into anger as a force for good